The third ingredient in the recipe for tremendous success is to have a philosophy of servant leadership. I am a big fan of Zig Ziglar’s statement – “You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want”.
Some practical behaviors we can put in place in our lives to be role models of the Golden Rule philosophy include:
• Asking others their opinion on decisions that impact them
• Using other opinions and feedback to make decisions
• Sincere recognition for extra effort – “thank you” or other encouraging words go along way
• Genuinely listening to other people. Be in the moment with that person and give them 100% attention
• Do not promise or commit unless you will honor the commitment
• Share the credit and acknowledge the contribution of others
• Don’t hide information, if appropriate. Give complete answers to a question if possible
• Offer to help people
• Learn about others by asking them about their interests and goals
We have many different facets in our life – business, family, social, physical, spiritual and so on. They are all interwoven into our life and have an impact on our overall success. Making the philosophy of the Golden Rule principle will lead to your success as well as the success of others. Definitely a win/win outcome.
Next week, I’ll discuss the fourth and final ingredient in the recipe for success.
Until next time, Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will...http://www.destinyahead.com/